The purpose for all oral and written language is to communicate and share meaning. For some students, the brain does not easily connect meaning with words, making it difficult to develop vocabulary, communicate effectively, and to think critically.
Bright Brain Studio uses Visualizing and Verbalizing® instruction to stimulate the brain functions needed to connect meaning with language. At the most basic level, students develop the ability to consciously build and strengthen their mental imagery for words, concepts, stories, and factual information. They also learn to use language deliberately and with intention, understanding that their words are powerful tools for communication. As students become more adept at connecting with language, vocabulary and critical thinking skills develop as well. Students are more likely to benefit from school curricula and content lessons.
Students who might benefit from Visualizing and Verbalizing® instruction:
- struggle to follow and participate in conversations
- do not easily understand humor
- have difficulty communicating orally and in writing
- must reread school texts several times to gain understanding
- do not follow a series of directions easily
- lack problem-solving, predicting, and inferencing skills
Interested in learning how Bright Brain Studio can help your student gain increased oral and written language skills?